Re: bookworm: xfce4-terminal bug?

On Sat, 23 Sep 2023 22:53:44 +0200
Greg <pld@sojka.co> wrote:

> I'm using mc in xfce4-terminal. To close mc you use F10 key.
> Unfortunately, the xfce4-terminal option
> Edit->Preferences->Advance->Disable menu shortcut key (F10 by default)
> Does not work. Whatever I set, F10 always activates menu.

Which version of Debian and xfce4-terminal are you running?

On Bullseye and xfce4-terminal 0.8.10 (Xfce 4.16) I have the menu
shortcut key disabled, and xfce4-terminal passes the F10 key to a
program running in that terminal (emacs -nw in my case). Indeed, I can
leave the window open and toggle the setting, and the terminal will act
appropriately.

With no program running in the terminal, you should see a tilde (~),
which bash will expand properly.

> The following also does not help:
> In the Settings Editor:
>      On the left, under "Channel", scroll down and select "xsettings"
>      On the right, under "Property | Type | Locked | Value", look for
> Gtk > MenuBarAccel
>      Double-click on the row of "MenuBarAccel" to edit this property
>      In the "Edit Property" dialog, delete the value F10 (leave it
> blank) and click Save.

Mine still shows F10. I don't believe I've ever touched it.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/