Re: Letting Windows go: scanning

On Wed, Sep 20, 2023 at 1:11 PM Michael Kjörling <2695bd53d63c@ewoof.net> wrote:
On 20 Sep 2023 12:06 -0500, from tom.browder@gmail.com (Tom Browder):
> One major thing I use my windows host for is using my HP multifunction
> laser printer to scan to pdf to save locally.  I have just installed
> gscan2pdf and sane but I am still missing something.
>
> I have tried printing docs from LibreOffice and it sees my networked
> printer and prints just fine.
>
> So how can I get my Debuian host to see and use the scanner part?

When I used to use HP MFD's I used to have to connect to it with USB to get scanning. I do not know if network scanning is now supported or not.

"HP multifunction laser printer" would still encompass a fair number
of products. Can you be more specific?

--
Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/