Re: bookworm and network connections

On 02/09/2023 13:09, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Sat, 2 Sep 2023 12:08:37 +0100
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

Hello Brian,

I did not write any of the text you quote.
<pedant>
You did, but it was not what Timothy was responding to.
</pedant>
What you wrote was quoted right at the bottom of the message, and
irrelevant to Timothy's response.

Which begs the question:
Why do some people respond to a message from person Y, when they're
/actually/ dealing with something written by person X?
One possibility is that espoused by Outlook (which we all know is such a paragon of email etiquette(!)), namely "You are not responding to the latest message in this conversation". That is, I can envision a situation where someone wishes to respond to a point in the email thread but, rather than replying to the individual message in question, replies at the bottom of the chain, perhaps for reasons of "visibility".