Re: Emacsclient bug in sid

> After upgraded to emacs 29.1+1-5, I found that the emacsclient
> command is not working. More specifically, the following command
> hangs emacs in daemon forever and no emacs frame pops up:
>

> ```
>
> emacsclient -c -a "" -n
>
> ```

What exactly are you trying to do?

The customary way to run emacs is to have it open on your desktop. Edit
away. Leave it open so you can come back to it. You generally shouldn't
have more than one emacs process per user.

Having set up to use emacsclient, you (or more likely, programs
you use such as a mail reader) can then call emacsclient so you can then
edit files from that program in emacs. If you do it that way, you don't
get (or need) an instance of emacs in daemon mode.

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Emacs-Server.html

Thanks for reply. Well, actually what I try to do is to keep an emacs daemon in the background. Whenever I finished editing, I would delete the frame while keeping the emacs running as daemon in the background. And next time when I wish to edit anything, I would use the emacsclient command in the terminal. `emacsclient -c -a ""` somehow does the work, but it occupies the terminal until the new emacsclient frame is killed, and that is the reason why I added the `-n` flag.

Best regards,

Yizhen