Re: Cannot install Debian 12.1 on VirtualBox

On Mon, 14 Aug 2023 at 12:47, Andrey Dogadkin <adogadkin@outlook.com> wrote:

> Should you specifically need UEFI next time, an alternative solution
> can be to temporarily disable KVM paravirtualization (default for
> Linux-based guests). It can be reenabled back after you are done with
> installation. See

Thanks for that! I think I had searched the bug list but somehow did
not find that bug. Glad to know that it has already been reported.
There is plenty of detail in there so no need for me to add to it. I
did a quick test a few minutes ago and can confirm that disabling
paravirtualization fixes the issue, as stated in the last comment in
the bug report. So it is good that there are two workarounds, and this
one is better than disabling EFI in some use cases.