random number generator missing after upgrade

Hello, I upgraded from Debian 11 to Debian 12, and my random number
generator disappeared.

When I boot vmlinuz-5.10.0-23-amd64, there are two hardware random
number generators available:

# cat /sys/class/misc/hw_random/rng_available
ccp-1-rng tpm-rng-0

ccp-1-rng is nonfunctional because AMD's "Cryptographic Coprocessor" is
too secretive to work with Coreboot, so I've been using tpm-rng-0.

When I boot vmlinuz-6.1.0-11-amd64, there is no tpm-rng-0. Only the
nonfunctional ccp-1-rng is available:

# cat /sys/class/misc/hw_random/rng_available
ccp-1-rng

The hardware is an APU2 from PC Engines with this TPM board:
https://www.pcengines.ch/tpm1a.htm
The actual TPM seems to be SLB 9665TT2.0 from Infineon, (although the
writing on the actual chip differs from Infineon's rendering):
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/security-smart-card-solutions/optiga-embedded-security-solutions/optiga-tpm/slb-9665tt2.0/

The TPM seems to still exist as /dev/tpm0, but its random number
generator is somehow unavailable.

Rebooting to Linux 5.10 makes tpm-rng-0 reappear and provide seemingly
random numbers like it always did. That rules out a hardware problem.
It's some difference between the two kernels, but so far I haven't found
anything obvious in the Linux source code.

Is there anything that can be done, or is support for this random number
generator just gone from Linux 6.1?

Björn Persson