Adding backup storage

I've an asus mobo with 6 sata ports, 5 are busy.

I also have another 6 port with 4 ports tied up serving a raid 10 for /home. That leaves 2 ports empty on that controller.

I have a handful of 2T SSD's. If I can find another 4 pin empty pigtail on the psu, I'll plug 2 of these 2T's into that aux controller,

What doc should I follow to bring these 2 drives into one volume managed partition for amanda's use as a vtape device? I'd assume the volume management works by now, but it was a data losing disaster 15+ years ago when I last tried it.

I could, since amanda is quite versatile, set it up as two separate vtape drives. So I'm open to a pro/con discussion. Thanks all.

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis