Bye Bye [preauth]

Hi I have a question about preauth attempts per day.

When I run logwatch Why do I get ? Bye Bye [preauth] : 2484 Times ?

there are around 3000 connections to SSH per day. Is this amount normal ?

Is this something to be concerned about?

I have setup SSH with the following config:

Port 22
#AddressFamily any
#ListenAddress 0.0.0.0
#ListenAddress ::

#HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key
#HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key
#HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ed25519_key

Ciphers and keying
#RekeyLimit default none

Logging
#SyslogFacility AUTH
#LogLevel INFO

Authentication:
#LoginGraceTime 2m
PermitRootLogin no
#StrictModes yes
#MaxAuthTries 6
#MaxSessions 10

PubkeyAuthentication yes

Expect .ssh/authorized_keys2 to be disregarded by default in future.
AuthorizedKeysFile .ssh/authorized_keys .ssh/authorized_keys2

#AuthorizedPrincipalsFile none

#AuthorizedKeysCommand none
#AuthorizedKeysCommandUser nobody

For this to work you will also need host keys in /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts
#HostbasedAuthentication no

Change to yes if you don't trust ~/.ssh/known_hosts for
HostbasedAuthentication
#IgnoreUserKnownHosts no

Don't read the user's ~/.rhosts and ~/.shosts files
#IgnoreRhosts yes

To disable tunneled clear text passwords, change to no here!
PasswordAuthentication no
PermitEmptyPasswords no