Re: Monitor Problem

Stephen P. Molnar composed on 2023-07-04 16:09 (UTC-0400):

> I have gotten to the point where I wan to solve the resolution by
> installing v-12 on my 500 GB SSD. However, although the CD/DVD drive is
> first in the Boot Menu,  the system ignores that and boots into the Desktop.

> Suggestions, please?

It could be the BIOS is being obstreperous, or the media could defective in some
way. To force an attempt to boot from removable media instead of internal storage,
BIOS provide a BBS hotkey. These depend on the BIOS, typically by brand. Among the
possibles:

ASRock		F11
Asus		F8
Biostar		F9?
Dell		F12
eCS		F12 or F10
eMachines	F10
EVGA		F7
Gigabyte	F12
HP		F9 or ESC or ESC,F9, or F10
Lenovo		F12 or F8 or F10
MSI		F11
Toshiba		F12

Proper timing of key strike varies, but must occur before POST completes.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
	based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata