Re: Network setup on Raspberry Pi

On Mon, Jul 03, 2023 at 05:21:20PM -0500, Michael Jinks wrote:
> I have a Pi 4 machine where I've installed two OS's, the "house supplied",
> and Ubuntu, both worked fine so I'm sure the hardware is good.  Now I'd
> like to install Debian.
>
> I've found one very slim image of that, which ran without issue, but left
> nothing in the way of a network.  So now I'm trying to set that up from
> scratch.  All I have is WiFi.

If these are Gunnar Wolf's from raspi.debian.net - have a look at the FAQ
section. There's a file ready set up which just needs to be populated
and uncommented in /etc/network/interfaces.d/wlan0

You can, of course, install network manager later on if you prefer all
your instances to look alike.

Andy