Re: Please help with not booting from USB so to install Debian

On 9/6/23 18:43, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:

I want to install Debian on a new machine but don't manage to boot from USB
stick.  (I can do so regularly with another machine, so the USB stick is ok
and so is the Debian netinst I burned onto it.)  At the boot I press F9 and a
menu appears where I can choose to boot from USB stick; but then it doesn't
so at all booting instead into Windows 11.  In BIOS I enabled the CSM
protocol but nothing.  Please help as I don't know what to do: thanks.

Now I tried with a CDROM instead of a USB stick but the problem remains.

Rodolfo

I asked before, and have not seen an answer.

Have you gone into the UEFI/BIOS, and turned off secure booting?

..
Bret Busby
Armadale
West Australia