Re: Link to import-im6.q16 not allowed by security policy ?

On Thu, 8 Jun 2023, Greg Wooledge wrote:

Roger, what is the full command that you used?  When I tested with
"import foo.png" it worked as expected.

I used to type "import foo.jpg" but got into the habit of typing "import /tmp/foo" which produces the error message.

So this afternoon I went back to typing "import foo.jpg" and this works correctly, exactly as expected. Thanks. Roger

PS I would have expected a PostScript file by default but now that I know that I must specify an acceptable image type, I don't complain. The man page says “By default, 'file' is written in the Postscript image format. To specify a particular image format, precede the filename with an image format name and a colon (i.e. ps:image) or specify the image type as the filename suffix (i.e. image.ps).”