Re: need nano like editor that can print

On 6/3/23 11:10, paulf@quillandmouse.com wrote:
On Sat, 3 Jun 2023 10:22:42 -0400
gene heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

An simple non-x editor like nano that can print thru cups.

Vim will do this through the "hardcopy" command. It sends text to the
print server (CUPS). I do this all the time.

Of course, vim isn't nano; you'd have to live with modes.

Paul

I think it was in 2001 that I last used vim. Painted myself into a corner so to speak and had to exit with the reset button. Geany, an x app, would be great, but the security mavens have gone all googly eyed killing that for ssh _Y logins.

I'm amazed the got away with tht one, setting linux usability back two decades or more. Dheesh....

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis