Re: Cable colors and urban legends

> 5~10 years ago, I cut the end off of a bad red SATA cable.
> To my surprise, the copper conductor was disintegrating as Gene describes.
> Unbelievable.
> Somebody botched their chemical engineering.

Cool: second first hand account.  Thanks.
So there is at least some anectodal evidence.

I also found a potentially related reference to a 70's problem
with corrosive wire insulation at https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/304699/Oxidation+of+copper+wire
but still can't find anything more concrete (and that one doesn't
mention the insulation's dye as the culprit).

        Stefan