Re: Cable colors and urban legends

>> Can you point to any evidence?
> You've never cut open a magenta cable that quit to see what's inside?

Nope.  Never had them fail on me either for that matter.

> If rust colored dust falls from where copper used to be, you have your
> evidence.

Right.  But I don't have that, so I don't have my evidence.  Do you?
Can you point to such stories being reported somewhere?
My web-searches all turn up empty.

> That said, there probably aren't a lot of computers that had
> them left in service. I think the manufacturers got it figured out
> before SATA rev 2.0 cables saturated the markets.

If the problem was known in the 70s, then presumably the manufacturers
got it figured out before sata rev 1.0 (let alone sata cable), no?

        Stefan