Re: A hypervisor for a headless server?

Am 02.06.2023 um 09:28 schrieb Victor Sudakov:
Miles Fidelman wrote:

On Thu, Jun 1, 2023, 9:58 PM Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru
<mailto:vas@sibptus.ru>> wrote:

     Dear Colleagues,

     There is a hypervisor called bhyve for FreeBSD. It's completely
     headless, no graphics, runs as a daemon and provides serial and VNC
     consoles.

     Can you please advise a similar headless and minimal hypervisor for
     Debian or Ubuntu?

The classic would be Xen (which I've been running for years). There's
also Virtual Box, and VMware ESXi.  You might check out the list at
https://www.hitechnectar.com/blogs/open-source-hypervisor/

Thanks for reminding about Xen, it looks minimalist enough, I am
going to have a look at it.

+1 for Xen, AFAIK the standard apt installation doesn't include any management GUI.

This is the howto which helped me getting started:

https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Project_Beginners_Guide

(Disclaimer: I don't have experience with any other virtualization package than Xen.)