Re: Email bodies not show anymore in Evolution Email

On 5/4/23, Christoph Pleger <Christoph.Pleger@cs.tu-dortmund.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>> I have had just the same problem. I think it is caused by the last
>> security upgrade by unattended-upgrades of these packages:
>> gir1.2-javascriptcoregtk-4.0
>> gir1.2-webkit2-4.0
>> libjavascriptcoregtk-4.0-18
>> libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37
>
> Ah, thank you very much for that information. In the meanwhile, I found
> that there is already a bug report available at Debian about that.

Am almost simultaneously reading this thread AND the
Debian-Security-Announce post about the same:

In part, it says:

"Package        : evolution
Debian Bug     : 1035469

The webkit2gtk update released as 5396-1 introduced a compatibility
problem that caused Evolution to display e-mail incorrectly. Evolution
has been updated to solve this issue."

https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2023/msg00088.html

The bug:

The security involvement appears to be that one current fix is to
downgrade which "leaves the user with an unpatched version of WebKit".

Cindy :)
* runs with birdseed *