Re: how to change default nameserver?

On 4/9/23 06:59, Dan Ritter wrote:
Timothy Butterworth wrote:
After you edit resolv.conf make the file immutable with chattr. Chattr +i makes immutable chattr -i removes immmutable.

This works, but you should also leave yourself a comment in the
file to prevent later confusion.

It's also unsuitable for most laptops, or other situations where you
ever want an automatic process to change the resolv.conf file

-dsr-

.
I should have qualified that advice as this machine will never be moved beyond its quasi annual trip to the back porch for an air hose D&C. Not a lappy, but a huge tower.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis