Re: how to change default nameserver?

On Sun, Apr 9, 2023 at 6:43 AM Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:
Timothy Butterworth wrote:
> After you edit resolv.conf make the file immutable with chattr. Chattr +i makes immutable chattr -i removes immmutable.

This works, but you should also leave yourself a comment in the
file to prevent later confusion.

It's also unsuitable for most laptops, or other situations where you
ever want an automatic process to change the resolv.conf file

-dsr-

I have Google DNS hardcoded on my laptop. Few networks block outbound DNS traffic. I have never had any issues with it.

Tim
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/