Re: bounncy keyboard

On 4/6/23 19:41, jeremy ardley wrote:
My keybboard is getting bouncy agaain.

I can swap it out under warranty but I wondered if there were some setting in Debian 11 to ignore the same character arriving too soon after the previous one?

It should also not worry if two different characters arrive closely spaced.

Jeremy

I use:

1.  A KUL 87-ES USB keyboard that came with a matching USB to PS/2 adapter.

2. A Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical USB and PS/2 Compatible that came with a matching USB to PS/2 adapter.

3.  An IOGEAR GCS78 8 port PS/2 keyboard VGA video PS/2 mouse switch.

4.  Dual PS/2 and single VGA cables that came with the switch.

5.  IOGEAR GUC100KM and GUC10KM PS/2 to USB keyboard and mouse adapters.

6.  USB 2.0 ports on various computers.

I have been experiencing semi-random keyboard problems for years -- lost keystrokes and stuck keys. Things got really bad in the past few months, after ordering another new GUC10KM adapter and putting it into service. After a week of testing and discussions with IOGEAR technical support, I narrowed the problem down to the newer revision GUC10KM adapters (purple and green PS/2 connector inserts). After replacing them with 10+ year old revision GUC10KM adapters (gray PS/2 connector inserts), the keyboard problems went away. I have ordered more old GUC10KM adapters on eBay.

I was having bad mouse issues a few years ago. The problem was a bad mouse. I replaced the mouse and the problems went away.

Do not overlook potential hardware problems. It is wise to have a decent supply of spare parts for A/B testing.

I have started keeping written records of my GUC10KM adapters by serial number.

David