Re: [bullseye] r-cran-ggplot2 depends on missing libpq5 v13.8

On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 01:16:51PM +0100, Loris Bennett wrote:
> So the problem is with the original 'sources.list', namely
>
>   # See https://wiki.debian.org/SourcesList for more information.
>   deb http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye main contrib non-free
>   deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye main contrib non-free
>
>   deb http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-updates main contrib non-free
>   deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-updates main contrib non-free
>
>   deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security/ bullseye-security main contrib non-free
>   deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security/ bullseye-security main contrib non-free
>
> I didn't change the URLs and only added the section 'main' and
> 'non-free', so how come this is broken just for me?

deb.debian.org is an extra super fancy redirection thingy that uses
"SRV" records instead of ordinary round-robin DNS.  Most of the time,
it works, for most people.

But every once in a while, you get redirected to a mirror that's out
of date.  Unfortunately, when that happens, it's really damned hard
to figure out that this is happening, or how to fix it.

In fact, the only way I know how to force it to use a different mirror
is exactly what I recommended here -- stop using deb.debian.org entirely.
You could try going back to it in a week or two, and maybe the mirror
it's using for you will be up to date, or you'll get a different mirror.
Or, you could stick with your ftp.COUNTRYCODE.debian.org mirror set if
it's working well for you.

The country code mirror sets aren't immune from staleness issues either.
There've been plenty of times when one of them has been out of date,
and people have been advised to use a different country code for a
while, until the mirrors get fixed.  So, just keep an eye out for this
kind of problem no matter what mirrors you use.