Re: home server for email box

On 10/3/23 18:29, pyh@ymail.ne.jp wrote:

Hello,

I have a home server with static IP from the ISP. The server has debian 11 installed.

Can I setup a mail server (postfix, dovecot, dkim, rspamd etc) on this box to receive/send email normally?

Or do you guys have this similar operation?

Thanks

Yong

Absolutely. All you need to do is direct appropriate ports on your firewall.

But there is a bit more to it. You need to have server certificates such a letsencrypt.

You will also need to look to security - perhaps firewall into lan and on the host (less likely), and all the server protections for dovecot and postfix.

--
Jeremy
(Lists)