Re: Unable to associate to mobile hotspot

On Tue 07 Mar 2023 at 11:56:09 (+0100), Lucio Crusca wrote:

> I've read through the forum posts you linked, and the ones linked
> therein. I'm afraid it's quite a different problem. My wifi connection
> has no stability issues: it just refuses to associate to this specific
> hotspot, but it works like a charm with others. My logs do not show
> the CTRL-EVENT-BEACON-LOSS message. My network adapter is not Atheros.
>
> At any rate, I've tried adding "intel_iommu=off" to my kernel
> parameters and rebooted, but nothing changed.

In view of:

wlp4s0: disassociated from e2:…:a9 (Reason: 2=PREV_AUTH_NOT_VALID)
wlp4s0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=e2:…:a9 reason=2
wlp4s0: WPA: 4-Way Handshake failed - pre-shared key may be incorrect
wlp4s0: CTRL-EVENT-SSID-TEMP-DISABLED id=0 ssid="papospot" auth_failures=1
        duration=10 reason=WRONG_KEY

have you tried to get more information with this option in
wpa_supplicant:

       -K     Include keys (passwords, etc.) in debug output.

You'd probably need to redact the logs, were you to post them.

Cheers,
David.