Re: how to activate my wireless card? nmtui only shows wireless connections . . .

Curt <curty@free.fr> writes:

> * UNPREDICTABILITY
> it turns out even after all this [**an enumeration of complications and corner
> cases**] there are still reported cases of interfaces changing their name on a
> reboot.

I have just this fun kind of unpredictability in my router's 4G
module. Mostly, it comes up as wwan0 but sometimes it's wwx<random>. So
I put something in my 4G management script to rename such interface if
there's no wwan0. Easier to force the interface name since I need to
know the interface in the firewall and failover script too.