Re: Git Branching

On Sat, Mar 04, 2023 at 11:13:04PM -0500, Larry Martell wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 4, 2023 at 11:00 PM William Torrez Corea  wrote:
>
> > I am working with remotes, when i want push to the remote with this
> > command appear the following error:
> >
> > *git push main master*
> >
> > fatal: 'main' does not appear to be a git repository
> >> fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
> >>
> >> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> >> and the repository exists.
> >>

> > I have the following branching:
> >
> >>   main
> >> * master
> >>

> > I don't want to create a new branching, I want to push my advance to the
> > main but it is impossible. This creates a new branching.
> >

> I think the command you want is:
>
>     git push origin main

Assuming that 'origin' is a "remote" is a safe bet.
The output of command `git remote` will tell if it is.

I think that

   git push

is just what Original Poster wants.  It pushes current branch,
the branch marked with the *, to default remote "origin"
into branch with name as the current branch.

We, this mailinglist, will see if the `git push` did work
for O.P.  or we will see follow-up postings ...