Re: solution to / full

On Thu 02 Mar 2023 at 18:09:06 (-0500), songbird wrote:
> Joe wrote:
> > On unstable, I have a /var/cache/apt/archives directory, from which apt
> > autoclean, which I do occasionally, recently removed about 5G of
> > packages (obviously too occasionally). There's still quite a bit there
> > as it was only autoclean and I prefer to keep downloads around for a
> > while, as this is unstable.
>
>   yes, i prefer to keep at least one version back from the
> most recent, but apt-get autoclean doesn't do that either
> so once in a while i run that manually and hope for the best.
>
>   a Keep_Plus_One flag would be nice.  :)

apt-cacher-ng will do that, with modification to acng.conf:

  # Regular expiration algorithm finds package files which are no longer listed
  # in any index file and removes them of them after a safety period.
  # This option allows to keep more versions of a package in the cache after
  # the safety period is over.
  #
  # KeepExtraVersions: 0

Cheers,