Re: where are the actual ".deb" packages? all I see are "pkgcache.bin" and "srcpkgcache.bin" . . .

On Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 4:09 AM davidson <davidson@freevolt.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 Albretch Mueller wrote:
> > Basically, I am trying to download all packages that are part of the
> > installation dependencies of a given one into a directory of my
> > choosing to then install packages on an unexposed machine.
>
> Like Roberto Sanchez wrote, this sounds like a use-case for the
> apt-offline package (which I have not used).

For what it's worth, I was very happy with apt-offline last time I
used it but that was a couple of years ago.

It did exactly what I expected and what OP seems to want: It allows
one to keep an offline Debian machine up-to-date and install software
complete with all necessary dependencies.