Re: Running Windows on a VM: getting files from the original Windows host

On Tue, Jan 17, 2023 at 10:06 Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:
In a previous thread you fellow Debianites gave me excellent advice on running Windows on a VM running on a Debian host. Now I have my shiny new Debian Silent PC host quietly waiting.

I've followed the instructions from the Debian wiki, fired up virt-manager, and got this warning:

    KVM is not available. This may mean the KVM package is not installed
    or the KVM kernel modules are not loaded.

I searched the system (with aptitude) and couldn't find any evident package missing. I am proceeding just for the experience, but I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

-Tom