Re: PowerBook G4 OS

Le mardi 10 janvier 2023 à 16:32 -0800, Bob Crochelt a écrit :

> Thanks to all who replied.  I appreciate the help and advice.  Think
> will just sit tight with the system, as it works fine for what I
> need:
> email, a little (slow surfing) and some note writing.
>
> I imagine you have saved me many hours of frustration.
>
> Regards
> Bob Crochelt

Hello,

That would leave you with unmaintained software, though, with obvious
risks accessing the internet (web, mail, etc...)

Debian port for a Powerbook G4 is unofficial and I don't know the
actual state of this port.

NetBSD, OpenBSD and FreeBSD all seem to have an active and official
port for the PowerPC G4.