Re: Debian release criteria.

On Fri, Jan 06, 2023 at 07:41:16PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:

[...]

> [...] hope that Firefox gets a bit more memory-efficient,

Stefan, I *love* your dry humour :-)

That said, my way to cope with it: my main browsing profile
is one where I have excised javascript capabilities by "tuning"
(read: fat-fingering) about:config. Some pages won't work, but
for those I get to think twice whether I'm interested or not.
Most of the time I am not.

It's a fascinating experiment in the interface between tech
and psych :-)

For those pages I have to (mostly for testing customer stuff)
I have special profiles, which I keep separate (yeah, sandboxing
and that, but I like to have an identifiable subdir on disk which
I can remove when necessary).

I know, it's a bit extreme. But the browser feels nimble and
responsive. No popups, no javascript churning around in hidden
tabs. Bliss.

Cheers