Re: Advantages/Disadvantages of Open Source Software (Was Re: Package grub-xen-host breaks PV domains with 11.5 point release)

Stefan wrote:
In article <[🔎] jwvpmfz3tu1.fsf-monnier+gmane.linux.debian.user@gnu.org> you write:
>> the interest of the user. These "volunteers" obviously have other,
>> possibly malicious, interests if they prove themselves unwilling to
>> apply fixes to bugs that are reported to them.
>
>I think there's a confusion here: these volunteers will also have
>"other, possibly malicious, interests" even if they are willing/eager
>to apply fixes to bugs that are reported to them.
>
>Same goes for people you pay, so it's not specific to volunteers.
>And of course it's also not specific to a particular kind of license.

Thanks Stefan, it's great to see that some people understand the
issues.

I'll be brutally honest: being accused of "possibly malicious"
unwilligness is *not* a great way to convince overstretched volunteers
to spend their time on issues.

"We're the technical experts.  We were hired so that management could
 ignore our recommendations and tell us how to do our jobs."  -- Mike Andrews