Re: fetchmail

On Sun, 11 Sept 2022 at 23:25, Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 11, 2022 at 12:14:15PM +0200, Gerard ROBIN wrote:

> > My problem is that I don't know what starts it.

> > Debian Bookworm (and Bullseye too) use systemd.

> Guessing the service name is non-trivial.  Sometimes it's the same as
> the package name, and sometimes it's the same as the name of the program
> inside the package.

> If it's not either of those, then you can try grepping the list of files
> contained in the package, thus:

> unicorn:~$ dpkg -L openssh-server | grep 'systemd.*service$'
> /lib/systemd/system/ssh.service
> /lib/systemd/system/ssh@.service

There's also:

$ systemctl list-units | grep ssh
  ssh.service      loaded active running   OpenBSD Secure Shell server

and

$ systemctl list-unit-files | grep ssh
ssh.service                                        enabled         enabled
ssh@.service                                       static          -
sshd.service                                       alias           -
ssh.socket                                         disabled        enabled
rescue-ssh.target                                  static          -
$