Re: Google Chrome can share but Chromium cannot share screen

On Sun, Sep 11, 2022 at 10:26, Corentin Bardet <corentin@noxnet.eu> wrote:
Hi, Le 2022-09-11 07:39, Pankaj Jangid a écrit :
For a few work related meetings, I have to use Google Meet. But the screensharing doesn't work in the Chromium installed from stable APT repository. Clicking on the share-screen icon and then selecting any of the three options - Tab, Windows, Entire Screen - shows this error message, "Your browser can't share your screen" But if I install and use Google Chrome, then the screen sharing works in Google Meet.
That doesn't surprise me much. Google removed the majority of its APIs from Chromium : [here](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromium_(web_browser)#Differences_from_Google_Chrome) and [here](https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2021/01/chromium-sync-google-api-removed) Maybe screen sharing was a Google thing. Especially screen sharing to Google Meet. I think you have no other option than using Google Chrome for your meetings

If that's truly the case, they don't appear to be living up to licencing agreement.
Cheers!