Re: lowriter fails to launch pdf file from cli

On 2022-09-02, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri 02 Sep 2022 at 01:02:10 (+0000), jindam, vani wrote:
>> i am trying to open pdf file from cli:
>> $ /usr/bin/lowriter --inputfilter="*.pdf" /home/user/file.pdf
>
>                           ↑↑↑
>
>> the above command fails to open pdf file
>>
>> what am i doing wrong?
>
> Try removing the characters "put": it's --infilter.
>
> Note that I don't know what kinds of string are expected as an
> argument to infilter, but *.pdf worked for me in your example.
>
> Cheers,
> David.

I tried with the --infilter flag. lowriter does nothing different here
with or without that flag; it opens the raw pdf file.

What's supposed to happen? The man page says

   --infilter="<filter>"
                 Force an input filter type if possible.  For example
		 --infilter="Calc  Office  Open  XML"
		 only

I'm afraid I'm uncertain what that means.