Re: Raising volume past 100%

On 2022-08-18, David Griffith <dave@661.org> wrote:

> What I seek is 1) the ability to hover the mouse pointer over the volume
> applet and raise the volume past 100% using the mouse wheel and 2) the
> ability to click on the volume applet and use the slider that appears to
> raise the volume past 100%.  I already know how to bring up a dialog to do
> this.  I was able to do #1 before an untimely wipe and reinstall and am
> having trouble figuring out just what I did.

A pulse audio applet called 'pasystray' can seemingly reach astronomical
heights:

 However, pasystray lets you go up "forever". At least I never hit a
 ceiling. The only thing is that it doesn't exactly have a volume
 control slider. You go to the applet and use the mouse scroll wheel to
 go up/down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/287cu3/raise_max_volume_above_150/