Re: fluxbox partial installation (SOLUTION)

Haines Brown <haines@histomat.net> writes:

> On Sat, Apr 02, 2022 at 02:52:59PM +0200, Nathanael Schweers wrote:
>> That’s how most window managers are designed to work.  I certainly do
>> something similar with i3.
>
> Nathan I copied over the .fluxbox hierarchy. It turned out this can be
> done, but lines left in ./fluxbox/start up would not allow X server to
> start. Commenting them allowed fluxbox to load.

I’m not that familiar with fluxbox, at least not anymore.  Is it
possible that your ~/.fluxbox/start tries to do things that won’t work
on your current system?  For instance start programs which are not
present?  In such a case I would guess that fluxbox terminates.  But
please note: I’m making educated guesses here, nothing more :-)

Regards,
Nathan