Installation on a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13, with a Realtek RTL8723A wifi/bluetooth
adapter, and an Intel 3rd gen core processor graphics controller. I
have firmware-11.2.0-amd64-netinst.iso from
https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/11.2.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-cd/.

I did find this report,
https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Lenovo/IdeaPad%20Yoga%2013%20(Wheezy).
Has there been no progress on this hardware since? Should I get a USB->
Ethernet adapter for this beast? If so, is there one that d-i is known
to support?

Some issues:

1) The graphics are terrible. Both graphical and text mode are
scrunched into the top third or so of the screen, with two copies
across the top. They are damn near unreadable.

2) How do I tell it how to pre-seed? In booting I never get access to
the boot command line.

3) The network device is never correctly detected, automatically or
manually. I think it figures out that it is a Realtek, but doesn't go
any further. I was unable to find the WiFi adapter in the manual
selector, probably due to the atrocious graphics. I tried several 8723X
drivers, but d-i didn't like any of them. I think the firmware package
supports it, and I think the driver (8723au) is in the kernel. On my
desktop, also running Bullseye:

root@hawk:~# apt show firmware-realtek | grep -i RTL8723A

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

  * Realtek RTL8723AU rev A Bluetooth firmware (rtl_bt/rtl8723a_fw.bin)
  * Realtek RTL8723AU rev A wifi-with-BT firmware
    (rtlwifi/rtl8723aufw_A.bin)
  * Realtek RTL8723AU rev B wifi-with-BT firmware
    (rtlwifi/rtl8723aufw_B.bin)
  * Realtek RTL8723AU rev B wifi-only firmware
    (rtlwifi/rtl8723aufw_B_NoBT.bin)
  * Realtek RTL8723AE rev B firmware (rtlwifi/rtl8723fw_B.bin)
  * Realtek RTL8723AE rev A firmware (rtlwifi/rtl8723fw.bin)
root@hawk:~# locate 8723au
/usr/lib/firmware/rtlwifi/rtl8723aufw_A.bin
/usr/lib/firmware/rtlwifi/rtl8723aufw_B.bin
/usr/lib/firmware/rtlwifi/rtl8723aufw_B_NoBT.bin
root@hawk:~# uname -a
Linux hawk 5.10.0-11-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.92-1 (2022-01-18) x86_64 GNU/Linux
root@hawk:~#

Thinkwiki doesn't seem to mention this beast.

Thoughts?

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com