Re: Debian 11 xfce

On 13.01.2022 02:12, Dan Ritter wrote:
apt install libgtk3-nocsd0

 From the description:

  Library to disable Gtk+ 3 client side decorations (CSD) libgtk3-nocsd
  is a small LD_PRELOADable library used to disable the client side
  decorations (CSD) of Gtk+ 3.

I use it.

-dsr-
Thanks.
I've tried it before, but it didn't solve everything completely.
It created more problems than solved, most notable were duplicated title bars, dialog windows were displayed differently with buttons still on custom title bar and console was spammed with Gtk-* warnings. Bottom line is, it's a neat hack, but it doesn't restore the visual consistency for programs I use.

Now that I think about it, many programs that use these CSDs are from Canonical, like "Document Scanner" (renamed from "Simple Scan"), "Document Viewer" ("Evince"), "Archive Manager". The others still behave normally. So it's not fault of Xfce, but the single programs that were updated to new Gtk designs, featuring CSDs.
I wonder if somebody already forked them..

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org