Re: override.jessie.main.gz file removed from http://deb.debian.org/debian/indices/

Hi,

somehow, Ibrahim Vanak's message did not make it to the list, although
(or because ?) my private copy bears:

> To: Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net>, debian-user@lists.debian.org
(More normal would be: To: one recipient, Cc: the other recipient.)

So i reply to my previous message in this thread.

Ibrahim Vanak wrote:
> Thanks Thomas for the response.

Others answered too. But i guess you have not seen their messages because
you are not subscribed to this list.

See your first message
and a reply of Andrew M.A. Cater (which does not appear in the
"Follow-Ups" link list of above web page):
and the Follow-Ups to your second message:

> The mirror you have shared may also have indices disappeared some day and
> again I will be back to the same situation.

Obviously. So download all files from there which you may need.

> Do you have any idea about supporting jessie?

It has zero support. We who still have Jessies in reach, have to help
ourselves. The only official advise will be to upgrade to a newer release
of Debian. (With my programmer's hat on, i fully understand the stance of
Debian that some bugs must vanish the natural way.)

> Is the lack/out of support
> being a reason that official mirrors have been cleaned up indices file for
> jessie?

I would assume that a well maintained mirror server mirrors the state of
the original Debian server. The ones which Brian and i found for you seem
to be more sticky than a neat mirror should be.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas