Re: Order of package updates, mysql vs. kernel

Dne pondělí 11. října 2021 12:01:45 CEST, Josef Strýček napsal(a):
> English:
>
> Hello,
>
> something similar happened to testing last week, after the upgrade,
> including the kernel to 5.14, I can't compile dkms for nvidia, so I think
> the new kernel problem.

I don't think that it is new problem. I have seen this long time before, but
just didn't bother to report it.

IMHO it is more about the timing of mysql stop, which comes too early  (at/
before unpack stage). But there may be some good reason for that.

If so then all packages that need to stop their daemon before unpacking the
new version, should somehow signal apt, that they want to finish the upgrade
ASAP, before unpacking and configuring other packages. (Instead of the usual
processing - unpack all, configure all)

--
S pozdravem
        Vladislav Kurz