Jessie iceweasel: This Connection is Untrusted

Hi,

i am confronted with an old Debian 8 "jessie" machine where since
(probably) yesterday the Iceweasel browser does not work any more
with many websites. E.g.

  This Connection is Untrusted
  lists.debian.org uses an invalid security certificate.
  The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
  (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

Googling around (with Debian 10) gives me the idea that the installed
package ca-certificates is outdated.

It is currently not an option to upgrade the system to a newer Debian
version. I am even scared to do what i deduce from
  https://serverfault.com/questions/891734/debian-wheezy-outdated-root-certificates
namely:

- add to /etc/apt/sources.list :
    deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-security/ jessie/updates main

- run:
    apt-get update
    apt-get install ca-certificates

Is this a good idea ? Will it do harm to the 6 year old system ?

If not a good idea:

Is there a known procedure to get and install the certificates manually ?
I see proposals to download .crt files and run
  update-ca-certificates --fresh

Where would i get a current set of certificates ?

How do i identify the certificates which the browser does not accept ?
wget does not tell me the certificate name either.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas