Re: losetup: cannot find an unused loop device , kernel config of loopback device

Hi Thomas,

It's not entirely clear that what I was trying to express was
understood. Then in short:

1) A file ./src/build/images/kukui/R94-14125.0.2021_08_05_1510-a1/chromiumos_base_image.bin
is created

2) It seems that commands use a variable called GCLIENT_ROOT and it's
value is set to /mnt/host/src

3) When trying to create the loopback device the script tries to use a
path /mnt/host/src/rc/build/images/kukui/R94-14125.0.2021_08_05_1510-a1/chromiumos_base_image.bin
which does not exist

4) I'm stuck trying to figure out why GCLIENT_ROOT can't be set to the
actual mounted filesystem path so that the image can be found and the
loopback device created, etc.

Then I assume I could create a block device use losetup with the
correct path. So I'm debugging the script. There may be some details
related to chroot and GCLIENT_ROOT that I don't understand. Let me
know if I need to re-read your email.

Best Regards