Re: ISO to external SSD

Dan,
40-50% of my ssd, is that correct
For i386 or amd64? If I take both
I'll still have 149gb. Interesting. I can do it, because the original need of the ssd evaporated. Thus it's possible to try both into the old mac(hine). But in that list you linked to, are a lot more than those two ISO images. Would I need a virtual Pile of 1TB SSD's?
Geg

On Mon, 2 Aug 2021, 22:43 Dan Ritter, <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:
Gunnar Gervin wrote:
> Hi again.
> This is an unusual question &/or project, maybe utterly stupid, maybe
> temporary:
> I bought a 1 TB external SSD (Intenso) for later commercial use -in my
> company.
> Meanwhile I want to use it for something else: To burn an entire Debian
> distro on it.
> I guess it`ll be more than enough space to let it stay afterwards. Points
> of doing it:
> 1. After the Big job is done, less time to lose each time a program is
> needed.
> 2. More security that necessary software is available, even if software is
> off internet
>
> Any advice, suggestions, or thoughts in this matter? Is it not new at all,
> just trivial?

By distro, do you mean the complete package repository?

https://www.debian.org/mirror/size

-dsr-