Re: Font color selection in MATE terminal

On Thu, 1 Jul 2021 22:37 -0700, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> On 6/22/21 9:23 AM, Siard wrote:
> > In the MATE Terminal settings (Edit > Profile Preferences),
> > tab 'Colors', under 'Palette', set 'Built-in schemes' to 'Custom'
> > and change every color in the color palette to black.
> >
> > Here is a screenshot:
> > https://i.postimg.cc/2yv17y3Y/mateterminalcolors.png
>
> Why select 'Custom'?
>
> Richard needs black on white, so he should select 'Black on white'.
> It works for me.  I have been using 'Custom', Yellow on Black, like
> my first monitor many years ago.  But selecting 'Black on white'
> gives exactly that.

Yes, but it did not work for Richard, and as 'Custom' worked for me,
I came with this solution.
Later, it turned out that it was caused by a glitch in MATE Terminal
1.16.3, used in Debian 9.  Later versions worked fine.
So 'Black on white' is indeed the most obvious way.