Re: How do I permanently disable unattended downloads of software/security updates?

Hi,

Thanks for your help and effort. I really appreciate it.

> Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2021 at 4:02 AM
> From: l0f4r0@tuta.io
> To: "Debian User" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: Re: How do I permanently disable unattended downloads of software/security updates?
>
> Cannot remember if you have Gnome installed but you should have a look at https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/594287, especially ALL the associated comments (click on "Show 7 more comments").

After I have done a fresh minimal install of Debian, I installed the following packages:

xorg gnome-core gnome-tweak-tool synaptic gedit gdebi file-roller

As you can see from the above, I did not install the full Gnome desktop environment.

The link that you gave me leads to the post in which the description of the problem is similar to my issue. It contains helpful information and I have taken action based on what the contributors had written. I have disabled PackageKit. I have not purged gnome-software as advised by the contributor in said post. Why? I am afraid that purging gnome-software may cause my operating system to become unusable.

I shall keep you informed if after disabling PackageKit, automatic downloads of software/security updates still take place.