Re: Create Live image from installed Debian?

Hi,

Hans wrote:
> Maybe bootcd is that what you need. Take a look at it.

In my role as curious bystander i follow this advice.

Using tracker.debian.org i get to
  https://sources.debian.org/src/bootcd/6.4/FAQ.backup/
which promises indeed

  "The bootcdwrite command creates a life-cd with your actual debian
   system."

> your ISO must fit on DVD, CD or BlueRay.

Blu-ray is at 100 GB max meanwhile (for the price of your soul).
25 GB is quite cheap.

> maybe the ISO can be installed ión an USB-Stick, too,

It looks like that.

From tracker via codesearch.debian.net i get to
  https://sources.debian.org/data/main/b/bootcd/6.4/bootcdwrite.lib
where i see

   ia_add "MKISOFS_OPTS=\"-z -R -graft-points -quiet \
  -isohybrid-mbr /usr/lib/ISOLINUX/isohdpfx.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat \
  -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table \
  -eltorito-alt-boot -e EFI/efi.img -no-emul-boot -isohybrid-gpt-basdat\""

MKISOFS_OPTS gets used with  xorriso -as mkisofs .
They are much like in debian-cd, i.e. suitable for booting from optical
media and from disk-like devices: USB stick, hard disk, SSD, memory card.
The options target boot firmware of both, legacy BIOS and EFI.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas