Re: Repo. ppa.launchpad.net

On Wed 12 May 2021 at 17:54:55 (+0300), Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Mi, 12 mai 21, 10:51:55, Richmond wrote:
> > This repo has crept into my sources.d an I don't know why it is there. I
> > don't recall installing any audio-recorder or asking for anything from
> > ubuntu. How did it get there?

No idea. AIUI the sysadmin has complete control over that file.
I would:

  $ ls -l /etc/apt/sources.list*
  -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1023 Apr  3  2020 /etc/apt/sources.list
  -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    0 Apr  3  2020 /etc/apt/sources.list~

  /etc/apt/sources.list.d:
  total 0
  $

to see when it was last modified¹. Then I would:

  $ less /var/log/apt/history.log*

and see if the packages being installed around that time give you any
clue as to why it might have been changed (by the sysadmin). The clues
might be indirect, like, say, installing a package that lacked enough
functionality to do a particular task, which caused you to take some
action of other.

> > This error occured in aptitude update:
> >
> > Err:6 http://ppa.launchpad.net/audio-recorder/ppa/ubuntu impish Release
> >   404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.95.85 80]
>
> Try this search to find installed packages from non-Debian sources:
>
>     aptitude search '?narrow(?installed,!?origin(Debian))'
>

> (it will also match packages that aren't available from the repositories
> anymore, a.k.a. obsolete, if you have any)

¹ If you've already edited it again, to rectify the problem, then
  it's the backup that might have the more useful datestamp. Or
  it might be any files you have in the subdirectory.

Cheers,
David.