generate a rss.xml from a bunch of HTML files

How can I generate a rss.xml from a bunch of HTML files?

Tho one would think this to be quite a simple tool of parsing
the HTML and outputting the RSS XML dialect, I can't find any
tool...

tt-rss maybe, but when I install it it tries to setup a MySQL
database which fails.

I don't know why, but it seems too involved anyway, there
isn't a webpile2rss tool like this or something:

  $ webpile2rss *.html > rss.xml # sweet

?

--
underground experts united