Re: repeated system mail, /etc/.pwd.lock ?

On Wed 05 May 2021 at 04:39:21 (+0200), Emanuel Berg wrote:
> David Wright wrote:
>
> > might help determine why you installed iwatch.
>
> Oh, so I did?
>
> Well then, I'll just remove it!

Myself, I find inotify-tools more useful: I use inotifywait in a loop,
waiting for a browser to close files in its cache. I then examine
their filetype and copy the ones I want, giving them sensible
(timestamp) names. Very useful for capturing (typically, live) video.

But I can see the usefulness of iwatch if you're maintaining a
website or a server farm, as in their examples. (My random collection
of PCs only constitutes a smallholding.)

Cheers,
David.