Re: hello. Please help this big report go in the correct direction....

Le 17/04/2021 à 08:44, Timothy Danielson a écrit :
[...]
I am operating PureOS. I haven't honestly
[...]
https://www.maketecheasier.com/backup-files-to-google-drive-linux/
[...]

Hello,

 From what I gather, PureOS is a Debian derivative with the Gnome Desktop.

Nautilus, the Gnome file manager can access Google Drive out-of-the-box when a Google account is set up :

https://www.howtogeek.com/196635/an-official-google-drive-for-linux-is-here-sort-of-maybe-this-is-all-well-ever-get/
(go directly to the "on gnome desktops" chapter)

If you want to backup/restore to/from Google Sync, you just can use a simple Gnome backup tool like Deja-dup (I have verified, it is present in PureOS repositories)
 https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/DejaDup

Non need to add a PPA, install google-drive-ocamlfuse or whatever...

Further,
- PureOs is not Debian even if it is based opon it: you would have better support inquiring the PureOS community thant the Debian one - PureOS is not Ubuntu: I do not know exactly the situation but chances are that PPA repositories are no better supported in PureOS than in Debian

Cheers